Diversity in Marine Science (DiMS)
DiMS is a new network within the Challenger Society, which aims to address the gap in the following areas of diversity:
- Early Career
The aim of DiMS is initially to promote awareness and start discussions on some of the key issues UK marine science faces when it comes to diversity in staff and students and to acknowledge that there are many different types of diversity within the field.
The first DiMS meeting was held at the 2016 Biennial Conference in Liverpool. There was a discussion panel of 6 scientists of different genders, career stage, ethnicities and abilities and good attendance by conference delegates given the meeting started at 7.30 am! See this Challenger Wave article from more on the event.
Watch this space for information on future DiMS events and please get in contact if you would like to host a DiMS event at a SIG meeting.
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.